Inside the lid of the Altoids tin, you see a small set of items inside a zip lock baggie. These items include:
- (2) alcohol prep pads
- (2) sheets of "Post-It" papers, folded
- (2) standard sized bandages
- (1) 3" ruler
- (1) survival pamphlet - mostly for sh!tz and giggles in this case
- (1) the zip lock baggie itself
These are all items that I decided needed to be water resistant.
- (1) striker, super glued to the lid
- (1) antibacterial moist wipe
- (2) fresnel lens, 2x
- (1) electrical tape "pill," 2 feet
- (2) razor blades
- (1) P-38 can opener
- (1) roll of duct tape, 3 feet
- (1) Bic Mini
- (1) bundle of waterproofed strike anywhere matches, 7
- (1) "fauxton" light
- (1) super glue
- (1) pen refill, cut to size and wrapped with 8 feet of paracord guts
- (1) golf pencil
I didn't create this so much as a "survival" kit as I did as a supplement to items I already carry on my person (keychain: Sharpie Mini, duct tape fob, whistle, Gerber Tempo flashlight, Vic Classic, pockets: SRM 710 as primary blade, Gerber Paraframe Mini as my secondary, bag: OTC medications, dental stuff). Because of this, I didn't feel as though I needed to add water purification tablets, tinder, a button compass, or the like. These are more for my daily urban "survival." A more survival based kit is kept in my car and is a whole 'nother story.
The items listed in the Altoids tin are items that I find useful on a day-to-day basis, but isn't necessary to carry on my person. This kit usually gets tossed in my purse or backpack. Even if I'd wanted to carry these items, girl pockets don't allow it. The items listed are items that I have and will use when the situation arises. On multiple occasions, I have had to use a razor blade where my knife wouldn't be precise enough, super glue for when other peoples' things get broken, the fresnel lens when things need to be magnified just a bit, lighter/matches when people ask for a light, and duct tape to repair things. The P-38 can opener is normally used when I'm at school and for a quick lunch decide to grab a can of something at the local market but forgot to check for a pull tab.