After a couple snoozer episodes, I really dug this past week's episode of the Walking Dead, titled "Consumed".
Some great post-apocalyptic scenery as Carol and Daryl returned to explore the ruins of Atlanta in search of Beth. And I am certainly a sucker for exploring desolate apocalyptic urban landscapes...for some reason, strangely beautiful and fascinating. Felt a bit like the zombie classic 28 Days Later.
Thumbs up to the show here for some good work here. Excellent cinematography, set design, etc. And cool to revisit some of the iconic places from earlier in the series.
Also enjoyed a few of the urban survival elements that were comparatively well done, if you were paying attention:
- Struggles with locked doors, chains and other barriers (and having the tools to deal with them)
- Acquiring transportation when needed
- Using existing shelter
- Scavenging water and other supplies
- Importance of stealth and observing unknown forces from afar
- Necessity of traveling light
What did you guys think? Think anyone will catch a bullet or walker bite in next week's jail break episode, "Crossed"/