POCKET SURVIVAL KIT (outside dimensions : 0.52" x 3.6" x 3.8" - full weight : 4.8oz)
- tin box
- small BIC Lighter
- 4x slim candles
- strong thread & needle
- guarana powder in the small container (could be replaced by salt)
- 2x 500mg paracetamol pills
- 1Gb USB key with scanned personnal documents
- length of string
- safety pin
- Spartan SAK (may be replaced by a multitool)
- 14x Micropur pills (one per liter)
- balloon (water transport, though it's common to find a used glass bottle in "Nature")
- white LED & 3V lithium battery (takes no place, unlike a Photon Micro-Light)
LIGHT POCKET SURVIVAL KIT (outside dimensions : 0.4" x 3.5" x 3.9" - full weight : 2.55oz)
- plastic cigarrettes pack
- 4Gb USB key with with scanned personnal documents
- 500mg paracetamol pill
- 10x strike-anywhere matches waterproofed with wax
- safety pin
- 10x Micropur pills (one per liter)
- synthetic thread & needle
- Excelsior-like SAK (very thin : 0.18" ; 1,8" & 1,2" blades)
- 3x bandaids
- white LED & 3V lithium battery
Interested in entering the Pocket Survival Kit contest? Check out the details.
First prize will receive a neo-tribal forged survival kit from Randy Church, an AR-15 Essential Parts Kit and Car Rescue Tool from Choate Machine & Tool, $50 in credit from Shelf Reliance consultant Jade Garn, a bundle of survival gear from OscarDelta & SnakeDr666, a copy of the Doom & Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook, and a $25 certificate from Paladin Press.
Second prize will receive an AR-15 Essential Parts Kit and Car Rescue Tool from Choate, a bundle of survival gear from OscarDelta & SnakeDr666, as well as at least $30 worth of survival books & gear from TEOTWAWKI Blog.
Third Prize will receive a Choate Car Rescue Tool and at least $20 worth of survival books & gear from TEOTWAWKI Blog.