Carried for a week of camping in Hawaii. Cost under $8.
- 2x alcohol swabs. Clean hands (or scratches)
- 2x tylenol and advil. for headaches when the ear plugs aren't enough
- solar rechargable flashlight. to help find where i left the big flashlight in the dark.
- 6' of elastic (bungee) cording. Tighter knots.
- super glue. better than bandaids and useful for repairs
- lighter that uses any flammable liquid (including alcohol swab liquid) - the silver canister
- small backup knife - for when i loose the big one.
- wire saw for starting up fire to cook fish on the islands. also helped start opening up coconuts...
- Green waterproof canister with carribiner. most valuable item. keeps gear dry, and when snorkeling i carry my wallet or camera in it, attach it to the back of my snorkel mask's strap, and have a camera available when we climb to the top of the islands after snorkeling out. used ALL the time. $20 for 6 of them on ebay. love em.
This pack was used when i wasn't normally wearing pants. Much of these items i carry every day in a pocket. on the beach, the tin kept it all from falling out.
Interested in entering the Pocket Survival Kit contest? Check out the details.
First prize will receive a neo-tribal forged survival kit from Randy Church, an AR-15 Essential Parts Kit and Car Rescue Tool from Choate Machine & Tool, $50 in credit from Shelf Reliance consultant Jade Garn, a bundle of survival gear from OscarDelta & SnakeDr666, a copy of the Doom & Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook, and a $25 certificate from Paladin Press.
Second prize will receive an AR-15 Essential Parts Kit and Car Rescue Tool from Choate, a bundle of survival gear from OscarDelta & SnakeDr666, as well as at least $30 worth of survival books & gear from TEOTWAWKI Blog.
Third Prize will receive a Choate Car Rescue Tool and at least $20 worth of survival books & gear from TEOTWAWKI Blog.